2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
2 medium ripe bananas
3 Tbsp agave nectar or maple syrup
3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (ground from oats)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed + water and letting rest for a few minutes.
3. Next add bananas and mash. Add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
4. Add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more. Taste to see if it needs more sweetener.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and they become somewhat firm to the touch with a little give.
6. Remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes. Then cool all the way on a cooling rack.
7. Store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for several days. Freeze for longer storage.