3 Tbsp olive oil
450g mushrooms, chopped
1 head cauliflower, grated (either by hand or food processor)
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 cup onion, grated
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup vegetable broth
6 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegan margarine
pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and wine, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat and cover, letting it cook a few minutes. You’ll want the cauliflower to be “al dente” with a little texture so it isn’t just mush.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the pine nuts, nutritional yeast, and salt until it forms a powdery consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and stir in the nut mixture until well combined. Stir in the margarine and season with pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the mushrooms and drizzle some truffle oil on top before serving.