4 1/2 Cups Zucchini, Spiralized, Julienned or Grated into noodles
1 1/2 Cups Fresh Tomato, Chopped
3/4 Cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (dry, not in oil), Soaked in water for 1 hour
1/2 Cup Raw Cashews, Soaked in water for 1-2 hours
1 Clove Garlic
1/2 tsp. Dried Basil (fresh is preferred, 1 1/2 tsp.)
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
1/8 tsp. Black Pepper
1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- Place the zucchini noodles into a strainer and press lightly on them with a clean towel or cheesecloth to take out a little of the excess moisture.
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and cashews, but save 3/4-1 Cup of the tomato water in a cup for blending.
- In a high-speed blender, or food processor, puree together the fresh/dried tomatoes, tomato water, cashews, garlic and spices until completely smooth.
- Add in more salt and/or pepper to taste. Serve over the zucchini noodles, and top with a sprinkle of vegan Parmesan or Nutritional Yeast.
- If you would like the dish warm, place it in a dehydrator at 115°F for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.