3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/4 cup sorghum flour
1 cup tapioca flour (same as tapioca starch)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons (1/2 stick) vegan margarine, chilled and cut into little cubes
1/2 cup rice milk (or any plant-based milk)
1/2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 Tablespoon ground flax seeds (or ground chia seeds)
1 1/2 Tablespoons lukewarm water
*or you could use any gluten-free, vegan egg replacer equivalent to 1/2 an egg*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add apple cider vinegar to rice milk to make a “buttermilk” and set aside.
3. Mix ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl and set aside to gel.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
5. Cut margarine into dry mixture until there are no more chunks of margarine.
6. Add the “buttermilk” and flax “egg” and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. If the dough is too dry, you can add a few splashes of water or rice milk.
7. Drop spoonfuls (however big you want them) of dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.